Friday, August 2, 2013

learn to help yourself.

Test week just ended.
Well, almost...
Assessment week is coming up,
so I'm not really celebrating yet...
Eight more weeks of school left until the next term break.
After that, its straight to the final exam.
And then, WACE.

I'm not sure am I supposed to be scared of it, or not ?
Part of me is terrified about sitting for the test.
The other part of me just wants to get it over with...
Not that I think its easy or anything.
But...you get the idea.

Oh, theres a story I wanna share.
Well, its not really a story.
It really happened.
But that can still be a story, right ?
Ok, I'll stop it now.

Last Wednesday,
after my Physics test,
the student support officer came looking for me.
"Great, student support thinks I need support..."
"Sorry for interrupting the class, Eric.
I was wanna look for this guy........or girl.
Name's *insert Aussie accent* Kang Tam."
Then she asked me for my Uni Preference and Course Preference.
And then I asked her what this is about.
And she said "bla bla.....one of the top scorer.....bla bla....maybe scholarship....."
And then my brain and heart stopped working for about 1 second.
Keep calm and poker face 0_0
"Thanks Eric. Bye !"
THE END.

Now, I'm not trying to boast or anything.
It really happened.
And it isn't written in stone yet.
Besides, just cause your ONE of the top
(there're some crazy people up there)
doesn't mean you'll get a HIGH ATAR.
What about all those prestigious private high schools
with crazy competitive kids.
Well, I'll just see how things go.

At first, I was happy about it.
Then, I felt guilty about it.
But someone managed to make me feel like
I really truly honestly deserved this opportunity.
So now I'll work harder and aim higher.
Because if I really did put 100% into it,
then I deserve 100%.
Plus, an actual social life.

I'll stop now.
Trying to learn how to post short =)
Ciao.


Listening to Preacher - OneRepublic



He said God only helps those,
who learn to help themselves.
He was a million miles from a million dollars,
but you could never spend his wealth.


Determinator,
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment