Sunday, August 11, 2013

lost. (not in the depressin' way)

If you haven't already noticed.
I lost my laptop.
My Macbook, to be precise.
The one I got from the school.
The one that was under a loan scheme.
And now its lost.
Penalty ?
Somewhere around 1.5k.
I guess running in the rain around Curtin 
really was the highlight of the week....

The really frustrating part is,
I don't know HOW I lost it.
I couldn't find it in my bag during Physics,
so I thought I left it at home because I was rushing on Friday morning.
"Oh darn ! Its at home. Oh well, its Friday so I won't be needing it anyways."
Nothing extreme happened in the morning.
My laptop was always in my bag.
I didn't take it out.
And even if I did,
how could I miss something so BIG !?
I mean,
its a giant black rectangular box.

After some brainstorming,
I came up with 2 possibilities.
Possibility #1.
I left it on the computer lab's table 
when I was raiding my bag for my pendrive.
Possibility #2.
I accidentally left it in my locker.
Which would be REALLY unlikely.
Right now I'm really hoping Possibility #1 is really the case.
Also I'm praying no other student from the next class decides to steal it.
I mean,
WHY WOULD THEY !?
The school already gave them their own, right ?

If you think I'm exaggerating ?
Well, I'm not.
All my assignments, homework, answers, drafts, data is inside that box.
And trust me.
I actually did my homework this year.
So it would be extremely heartbreaking 
to see all that hardwork just vanish !
Well, I guess this is where you start saying
"Thank God I did my homework and submit them."
At least, it won't be that hard to retrieve all those lost files from my teachers.

Aussie Fact ! (according to my English teacher)
When something bad happen to Australians.
They just laugh it off.
Nothing good will come out of grieving.
Just get back up and start again.
"We're the battlers."
And to some extent,
I am kinda trying to laugh it off.
I mean, 
I (probably because I'm not the one who's gonna end up paying)
find it hilarious to be able to lost my laptop
given the chances.
I probably leave my laptop in the library every evening when I go out for a drink
but it never gets stolen.
And the one time I have it with me at all times,
its gone.

Possibility #3.
Someone took it while I was in the bus.
But there was only around 5 people in the whole bus.
And most of them are students.
I'm sure someone would've noticed.
Right ?

Well,
all I can do now is wait and see.
Heading to school first thing tomorrow !
My heart's practically beating super-fast.
Oh yeah.
I'm also glad to announce that,
for the first time in a very long time,
I've wasted an ENTIRE weekend doing NOTHING.
No studying, I mean.
Probably too depressed about losing the laptop.
And I'm kinda lazy to do my work,
since the questions and answers are on it.
Too lazy to re-download them.
Too lazy to drag my old dodgy laptop around.
And the best/worse part,
the homework starting pouring in last week.
FML indeed.
So now I have to carry over last week's homework.
Good luck trying to cope.
I already have 3 Chemistry pracs, and an Oral test lined up.
FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML.
Oh well, 
I'm "Australian".
Might as well just laugh.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
No, I'm not going gaga.

On a totally unrelated note,
I've attended both Curtin and UWA Open Day now.
TISC (uni) application open tomorrow morning.
And after much influenced thinking 
and disappointing restrictions,
I've finally made up my mind.
Bachelor of Science at UWA,
double majoring in Environmental Science/Natural Resource Management.
Here I COME !
Bachelor of Philosophy is too competitive.
No scholarship =(
Curtin won't let me do E.Science.
No scholarship =(
Well, 
I'm not saying the scholarship would be crucial.
Nor am I hum-bragging.
But I really want it
so Mom and Dad won't have to pay that much.
Also, it would be really great for my ego self-esteem.
Mostly for financial reasons though.

Also,
I got bored during dinner just now
and decided to stream an episode of 
Junior Doctors : Your Life Is In Their Hands Season 2.
And I think watching those Jr Doctors
trying to juggle their lives and career,
really gave me my motivation back.
Sometimes, 
even professionals feel overwhelmed
and maybe,
a little disinterested.
And I think that's why I like Season 2 so much.
I remember I was searching all OVER the Internet
to find the bonus "1 year later" episode
because ABC wouldn't air it.
I didn't move onto Season 3, though.
The new Jr Doctors didn't really speak to me.
I like Season 2 the best =3
And I definitely recommend the show to anyone.
Especially for people who want a career in medicine.
(Have fun trying to insert your first cannula.)
Maybe my motivation will come back this week.
I can almost feel it.
Well,
if I get my laptop back that is.

If you've made it this far.
I applaud you for your perseverance.
Well, I must apologize for the lack of images once again.
I was gonna take one at the uni today.
But unfortunately,
something happened. 
lawl.
I'll try to get some pictures this week.
They'll probably be pics of the library.
I'm gonna lock myself in that place for the whole week.
(IF I find my laptop that is)
ARGH !
The suspense is killing me !


Listening to The Climb - Miley Cyrus


There's always gonna be another mountain;
I'm always gonna wanna to make it move.
Always gonna be an uphill battle;
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose.
Its all about the climb.
Keep on moving,
Keep climbing,
Keep the faith.


Things happen, but I won't stop.
TK


0 comments:

Post a Comment