Friday, September 20, 2013

clouds in the sky

Just a quick update.
Life is really hectic right now.
And when I say 'life',
I really mean 'school'.
Because half of my day is spent at school.
And really,
the school is like my second home.
Well, I could say it in a good way or bad way.
But nevermind that.

I just wanted to share something with you stalkers.
That is... if you really (still) exist.
Did you know clouds can move ?
Ah yes.
Clouds.
I wonder how many of us still pay attention to such trivial backgrounds.
Especially since we're so busy with our lives.
It doesn't have to be with schoolwork.
But perhaps, with friends too.

I was at my Physics lecture this morning.
My Physics teacher was going through some stuff about our upcoming tests.
Well, I didn't really listen
because I've already finished all the work I had to.
(Not that I'm saying I'll score 100% on that test)
So I turned left,
and looked out the window.
I stared at it for a while.
Gosh.
Now that I think about it,
I was staring at the window for quite a while.
I hope my teacher didn't mind.
(I'm pretty sure he noticed. I sit at the front row)

But back to the topic,
I stared at the sky.
The clear blue sky.
I even forgot how blue the sky was.
Probably because its been raining all Winter.
And there were clouds !
Oh this was rare.
Well, for me anyways.
I was a little shocked when I saw a little motion in the clouds.
At first, they looked stationary.
But as I continued staring,
I noticed that it was slowly slowly moving.
I was quite surprised when I found out about this.
But then my common sense hit me,
"Clouds move in the sky. Remember ?
All kindergarten kids know this stuff."

Realising that clouds move weren't all that surprising.
Since I already knew that.
What shocked me was how I unconsciously forgot about it.
I forgot about something that I once thought was common sense.
I guess I've realised that I've been so busy dealing with everything,
that I forgot to slow down and look at silly things,
like clouds or maybe even.... grass ?
And as much as I hate locking myself up in the library
and forcing myself to do loads of homework,
I should really be taking short breaks and
just enjoy some of life's simplest (but greatest) gifts.
Mostly simple though.


I know there's probably some weird Physics going on behind the movement of clouds.
(Actually there is,
I Google-d about it and it gave me something about the Coriolis Effect.)
But sometimes,
I wish I can just forget about the complicated stuff
that we're so used to dealing with everyday.
And think like a kid.
Where we'd be fascinated by the stupidest face-palm-able things.
And to be honest,
I don't mind taking a minute (or hours)
pondering with my miniscule brain about what random clouds in the sky looked like.
Not that I've ever done that before.
Will I ever get a chance to do that ?




On a totally unrelated note,
I just got an 8 hour sleep last night.
And I feel totally rejuvenated.
So that's what happens when you stick to a 6-hour sleep routine.
I still don't get how people can afford to sleep at 12 and wake up at 5.



Listening to So Long, and Thanks for All The Booze - All Time Low


I did it all.
I did it all.
I owned every second,
that this world can give.
I saw so many places,
the things that I did.
With every broken bone,
I swear I lived.


YODO (you only die once).
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment