Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 2: Devour



Video editing is a new thing for me.
In my final years of high school, I tried delving into the surface of it.
First, it was just a slideshow+music for a Powerpoint presentation contest. A year later, I did it again but it was just cutting and pasting video clips together.
Back then, I used Windows Movie Maker for the job (read: have not been exposed to a Mac yet).
Somehow, things were simple enough and I managed to get things done.

I thought I could do the same, but I was clearly overwhelmed when I first opened my iMovie app.
I'm not sure if it's because doing editing on a Mac is different or my youthful ability to adapt to new technology is rusting. But I really hope it's more of the former and not the latter.

Not to mention the amount of time it takes to do these edits!
I think I could spend about two to three hours just doing cuts and pastes for a single video entry.
That eats into my daily schedule a bit and I do find myself being incredibly busy because of it.
I wish I could just grab a pair of scissors and a bottle of glue and just do it by-hand.
Somehow, I feel that it would go twice as fast if I did it that way!
Right now, I'm just bracing myself for the other five more days' worth of videos that needs to be done, two of which will be particularly large I reckon.


Figure 1. If you've managed to watch three days' worth of videos already. Or if you're an avid reader of my blog, I'd like to express my gratitude and reward you with this picture of flowers in front of a random house I passed by. Also, I couldn't find any good pictures of what I did on Day 2, so this is basically a filler image! But still, if you have read my blog (whatever the amount), thank you and I hope you've enjoyed it.


Listening to Flashlight - Jessie J


Zwei,
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment