Monday, June 29, 2015

Day 1: Compose



So why did I suddenly decide to up and make a Vlog?
A few weeks ago, when I was in the middle of my finals, I (like everyone else) was desperately looking for a way to procrastinate.
Thankfully, my prayers of ruin were answered when I found Emma's Vlogs.
Emma is a PhD student in London, studying ancient greek tragedy in postdramatic theatre.
She started a month long Vlog, where she recorded her life as a PhD student each day for a month.
In fact, today is the last day of her PhD, which means she's just about to submit her 3-year long thesis.
And since I didn't have anything better to do (except studying), I got completely hooked.
I watched video after video, day by day. Procrastination was one thing, but I was also curious about what a day in the life of a PhD student would be like.
After that, I thought it would, at the very least, be an eye-opening experience. And that's how I ended up with this little project.

Another motivation for this daily Vlog was to make myself update this blog more frequently. But that wasn't the primary reason, I think.
Let's face it. Blogging is dead. People have either stopped altogether, or moved on to micro-blogging with Tumblr and Twitter etc.
I thought it would be nice to try this alternate form of blogging and see how it would turn out.


Figure 1. Our trusty whiteboard at the Music Library. It felt good to jot down all the ideas we had, and using a whiteboard is always a fun treat. As you can see, for our medley, we've planned to use Meteor Shower (Owl City), Fireflies (Owl City), You're Beautiful (James Blunt) and Photograph (Ed Sheeran). We're also using smaller bits of Small Bump (Ed Sheeran) and Bloodstream (Ed Sheeran). Hopefully, the final product would be around 10 minutes long.


Listening to Because I Love You - The Master's Apprentice

Eins,
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment