Saturday, October 19, 2013

the calm after the storm that is the prelude to the even bigger storm

Finals are over.
Thank God for that.
I could feel myself getting more and more tired as the days passed.
By Thursdays night,
I was already passing out without brushing my teeth.
(Yes, I know its gross. You don't have to remind me about it.)
I felt particularly bad for my poor lil' tooth because I had a GALLON of orange juice earlier.
And we ALL know orange juice contains citric acid.
(Thanks Chemistry....)
I can practically dream about my teeth melting.
Well, a small part of my tooth already came off for ***** knows what reason.
I brush my teeth everyday but my teeth refuse to love me back.
Ok enough about oral hygiene.
Let's talk about what I always talk about.
EXAMS.

I quote myself,
"It's been an emotional weekend..."
....and tomorrow's my finals.
Great.
There were happy and sad emotions.
Mostly stimulated by sappy new movies and books.
A little bit of real life stuff.
But I won't go into too much details on that.
An interesting thing I noticed about last weekend was that,
I wasn't really in the mood to do any work.
I just sat at the library and watched movie trailers.
Come home and read an illegally downloaded ebook.
Watch Finn's tribute episode.
Go to the library and daydreamed even more.
And BAM !
Some bad news.

Next thing I know,
I'm chasing the bus again on a Monday morning.
My new phone alarm is being a real *****.
And I can't really hear it ring in the morning.
So I woke up a little later this week.
Well, its a good thing I wasn't late for any papers.
I won't really go into details about which questions screwed me over.
(Stupid Amino Acids and Non-perpendicular equilibrium question !)
But I will tell you that,
it didn't rain while I was walking to school,
my calculator did not die on me in the middle of exam,
I did not lose my calculator,
my papers weren't exact replicas of past years,
and I knew that I had to use a pen to write, not a pencil.
So I'd say it went a little better than the last time,
in terms of not making a fool out of myself.
Not so sure about my actual marks though.
It is kinda nerve-wrecking.
Chemistry was SURPRISINGLY hard.
I mean,
I did the past papers and I found them hard.
But I didn't know the questions would take me that much by surprise.
(Stupid empirical organics. Wasted half an hour on you !)
But whatever.
The whole thing is over.
Funny how the last paper (Applied Info Tech) was the subject I gave up on.
And I didn't really study for it,
because,
well, I gave up on it.
(I only need the top 4 of my 5 subjects)
I didn't really study for it.
By Thursday afternoon,
I've become so exhausted for unknown reasons that I took an hour-long nap in the library.
And then kill more time by talking to the librarian.

Something funny did happen though.
Miss Fashion told her Math teacher about me and giving up on IT.
(She talks a lot lol)
Her Math teacher got super worried about me skipping the paper.
She texted Miss Fashion about how worried she was and told her to give her my name.
Haha.
Thanks Miss Fashion for reassuring her that I'd show up.
Me, skip a paper ?
Obviously her Math teacher doesn't know me that well.
Oh wait.
She doesn't know me at all.
Well, long story short,
I found the paper that I didn't study for the easiest.
Thanks karma !

I spent the rest of the afternoon 'participating'.
Thanks to Mr Doctor,
I've managed to engage in a friendly conversation with Miss Burette for the first time.
It was nice, I suppose.
I ended up wasting a lot of time though.
But I'm not really all that worried about it.
Because, finals are over.
Unlike when I was on my term 'holiday'.

Unfortunately, my newfound freedom is/will/shall be short lived.
There's only two more weeks until WACE.
And the first paper of the WHOLEEEEE month-long exam ?
Physics.
My oral practicals are next week.
And I haven't even prepared.
School only starts on Wednesday.
This is NOT what I need.
I shouldn't be slacking.
Oh look at me.
Worrying 'bout 'important' things.
I bet I wouldn't be thinking like this last year.
Well, at least I passed (most of) my papers last year.

Ok let's talk about something else.
Perks of Being A Wallflower, anyone ?
I finished reading the book in half a week.
That's how much I neglected my finals.
Some parts of the book was confusing.
But some parts (the friends part) were touching.
Not sure if I should recommend the book, though.
I mean, I know its good,
but I'm not sure if I 'clicked' with it.

Today, I've (illegally) downloaded a copy of
The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella.
I've tried reading the book in my school library,
but I found out that reading via my phone is wayyy more convenient.
I don't have to carry around a heavy book that I'm going to have to constantly worry about the due date.
Its great to have something to do when you're waiting for the train or the bus.
And by the time its my stop,
I'm already hooked.
But it kinda makes me question myself :
"Why pick up a reading habit RIGHT before you super big mega ultra important exam ?"
Well, I just can't help it.
Its just like smoking.
Once you start, you can't stop.
And now I feel sorry for all my actual books.
Real, paperback books which I've 'never had the time' to read.
I wonder what should I do with them.
Well,  I still wanna read them.
Wouldn't wanna waste all that money now, would I ?

Its Saturday night.
8pm.
Its official.
I've wasted a whole day.
And you know what ?
It feels great.
Well, except that part when I was standing in the middle of the street like an idiot because I don't know where to go.
Well, I guess that just means that I have no life.... yet.
I'll get one soon.
I promise.


Listening to High Hopes - Kodaline


Alpha and Omega.
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment