Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Um....tAyl0R !

Nothing good to blog about.
Let's see.
I think Chemistry is starting to get fascinating for me.
Well, the experiments anyway.
We had to do ANOTHER experimentS.

TITRATION SAYS 'HI'.

Yep, grab your burettes and pipettes.
And let's go have some fun.
This time I had to go solo again.
At first I was insanely worried.
Because I still remembered this experiment.
From last year I mean.
Almost all of last year's Chemistry experiment involved an annoying burette.
And we all know there's only ONE experiment that requires buretting.

To my utter surprise (and delight),
I actually did pretty good.
Well, that's what super-strict and scary Chem teacher, Chris, told me.
omg minta puji  =3
Ahhh.... its experiments like this that makes me love Chemistry.
Just wished my Physics practicals were better.

The facilities here are kinda better too.
Remember how troublesome it was to
use a suction ball thing to suck up solution in the pipette.
Well, there's actually a better device for it,
which I don't really know what the name is.
The point is, facilities are revolutionary !
Ok, now I sound like a uni recruitment commercial, don't I ?

Back to the point,
the experimentS went pretty well.
Some of my results were pretty inconsistent,
but the end product was fairly decent.
I never thought I'd be able to go through the whole ordeal,
alone no less.
But I did.
And now,
I smile and laugh at myself as I look back.
How many of us were there ?
Three per group ?
And we were rushing around the whole place trying to get the damn thing done.
And I'm sure our results were half-baked too,
since the teacher didn't look like she cared.

I feel WAYYYYY more confident in handling apparatuses now.
Well.
Not really.
I'm still scared of messing up.
But at least now I know,
its not impossible.

And the best part was,
my picture got taken.
YES !
One of the science teacher (who doesn't teach me)
walked into the lab today
and started taking pictures.
I hadn't really noticed
but then he walked over and
asked if he could take some pictures of me doing the experiment.
I hope I wasn't blushing too much.
I said fine and went back to work.
But it was so DAMN hard to concentrate
knowing there's a guy right in front of you,
pointing a camera straight in your face.
I felt like letting out a little grin or laughter,
but somehow,
not this time.
As soon as I felt that feeling,
I told myself to concentrate
and it would subside.
Then it would come back again.
Rinse and repeat.
Until he left.
And then I start thinking of the possibilities.
omg.
Maybe my face will be in the Science department of the school website.
Ahhh the infinite possibilities
which sound too good for me to dismiss.
Hmmm...
I did pretty well yesterday.
But not today.
D'you think it was 'cuz he asked for a photo ?

On a completely unrelated note,
my classes are starting to empty.
There's only 4 to 5 of us in English.
Around 5 in IT.
Around 5 in Maths.
Only Physics and Chemistry students attend their classes religiously.
I think we have around (less than) 10 in Physics
and a little over 10 in Chemistry.
Ok you know what ?
That's pretty little too.
But there's another class Physics and Chemistry class too.
And I think that class's attendance is a little better.
I know some students are already in holiday mode.
But this is kind of a disappointing sight.
Well, if I was the teacher,
I'd feel pretty disinterested and dejected.
But I'm sure they're already used to that feeling.
I mean its not like this is the first year they're teaching at this place.
And I'm totally digging this.
Keeps things personal.
English is so much better now with only 4 to 5 people in the class.


Oh yeah.
My Open2Study course started this week.
And I've done half of the first module yesterday in Astronomy.
Its pretty fun.
But it was kinda hard to take notes.
I've never realised how hard it would be to listen out for the key points
and not copy whatever the lecturer is writing on the whiteboard.
I'm looking forward to starting another course during the next intake.
Maybe something about the Internet.
You should try it too.
Don't you wanna know how taking online courses feel like ?
Now if only they can start an Environmental-related course.
Still having a little trouble deciding between Science and Engineering.
Well, right now I can't get into Engineering.
But I'm prepared to head over to the uni's Admission Office
to discuss my options.
If you feel like you have a good reason for me to choose Science/Engineering,
please,
do NOT hesitate to share it with me.


On another unrelated-unrelated note,
the Swifty in me has been awakened.
I LUV U TAYLOR !
Well, not literally.
But I think her music is really nice.
And it got me really hyped up.
So much that I started playing my brother's guitar.
And now I'm slowly learning the songs.
Working on Fearless, Enchanted and other irresistible songs.
And I've printed the piano sheet for Test Drive.
a.k.a Best Song EVER !
(OST from How to Train Your Dragon)
Of course,
I can't really do anything about the sheets without an actual piano.
Or keyboard for that matter.
Oh well,
I'll just keep it under my table.
That'll give it that novelty-isque look it truly deserves.
Oh and back to Taylor !
You HAVE to listen to this song.





I ORDER YOU.
Its a Taylor Swift medley.
Taylor didn't sing it.
But it was written by Kurt.
You know ?
The guy that does all of Sam Tsui's songs.
And it sounds pretty damn impressive.

Well I guess that's all I have to share with you tonight.
I'm sure something exciting is bound to happen soon.
And then maybe I'll blog about it.
Until then
my fellow stalkerz.


Listening to Taylor Swift Medley - Tiffany Alvord (original by Taylor Swift)

Hyped, 
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment