Wednesday, July 10, 2013

forever:and:always

I should probably stop naming my posts after
Taylor Swift songs.
But what can I say ?
I'm wonderstruck !
Get it ?
Ok I'll stop now.
(Or probably not.)
But what's there to talk about ?
My life right now practically revolves around Taylor.
Oh no,
fanboy alert.

(You should watch her Forever and Always live performance.
She threw her red sofa during the bridge due to becoming overly emotional.)

Well.
Why don't we just have a little recap
of what I did these few days.

School ended on Friday.
Normal routine.
Nothing special happened, I think.
Accidentally fell asleep on bed.
Woke up at 5am.
Went back to sleep.

Saturday morning afternoon.
Woke up.
Enjoyed mouth-watering Subway sandwiches.
Then headed to Trigg Beach.
Now if you think I'm here to soak up some rays.
YOU'RE HORRIBLY MISTAKEN.
Must I remind you that it's the middle of winter ?

My English teacher's daughter
actually studied Environmental Science in uni.
And she used to work for a fishery around Trigg Beach.
She told me to take a look.
(Mind you, my English teacher was the ONLY grown up
to actually support the notion of me studying a Science,
not Engineering, degree)
Back to the story.
So I managed to get up my lazy *******
and convince Dad to drive us.
It wasn't that hard really.
We were all looking for something to do.
And now that school's out,
I won't have to hide in the library anymore.

So...when we got there.
It was a little not what I expected.
And then I saw the sign.
The place was closed for refurbishment.
Now I know why my teacher told me her daughter
USED to work there.
Oh well.
We kept driving along the coast line.
The road is quite close to the sea actually.
Walked around and we found this place.
This weird harbour thing with lots of people there.
We got down and took a look inside.
omgbbq. IT'S HUGE.
There's even an aquarium and ships and most importantly,
LOTS OF FOOD.
There's even a kids theme park,
complete with a set of obstacle courses and FLYING FOX !

Of course,
we didn't do any of that.
But I MUST mention
the Asian population there is just INSANE.
There's always some weird Asian gang
walking around,
sitting near the rocks
talking,
doing weird stuff.
No matter where you look.
You're bound to see an Asian.
Yes, I am turning on my kind.
BOOOOOOOSSSTTTTTTT !

Back to the story.
We walk one whole round around the harbour.
And that took a whole afternoon.
Its not THAT big,
I just don't know why we were walking like turtles.
Oh yeah.
Halfway around the place,
there was this wishing well.
But NOT JUST ANY wishing well.
It was a fountain/dolphin statue thing.
If you donate $2,
the dolphin will "rotate" for you.
Sounds a little weird
but I really wanted to see that giant dolphin statue turn.
FOR ME no less...
Sadly, that's like RM7 just to see a rock turn around,
so maybe next time when I'm filthy rich =D

Fast forward to Sunday.
Me and a bunch of friends ended up standing outside the church
for around 30 minutes discussing what present
to get for Sarah.
Sarah is another younger church member.
And she was throwing a birthday party.
There were five of us 'discussing'.
We thought about getting her the following :


  1. Wrestling merchandise 
  2. Diary of a Wimpy Kid
  3. Plastic Surgery Voucher
  4. Fitness Membership
  5. A Lecture
  6. More books.
  7. No books.
  8. A Pony.
  9. One of us dressed up as a pony.
  10. Toys
  11. Black Sabbath's new Album
  12. lots of junks
  13. you decide
  14. no, you decide !
  15. wateva im not even going
  16. wtf
  17. you guys buy lah.
  18. ok fine.
  19. for the 5 of us ok ?
  20. ya ya
In the end,
we shopped around for a gift in 2 hours.
Needless to say,
we got hopelessly distracted.
Really distracted.
I even ended up buying some clothes and a hat. =D
And we got to smell Taylor Swift's perfume line,
Wonderstruck.
There was also JB and Nicki Minaj perfumes.
REALLY distracted.

We ended up spending around $80.
We got her 3 moustache necklaces (some weird obsession),
a rainbow monkey beanie (which was impractical for public use)
and a game of Twister (she wasn't very thrilled about it).
Sooo yeah.
At least I got to play Test Drive at her house.
And that was the moment I knew (another Taylor pun)
how bad my piano skills have deteriorated.

I spent the whole of Monday at Curtin University.
I was suppose to meet up with another friend
who kinda promised to tutor me.
He's doing Chemical Engineering,
so I'm sure he can definitely help.
Unfortunately, the campus library was CLOSED.
And we ended up doing things at the
Engineering Foundation Block
where it was EMPTY
because everyone's on Term Break.
Stoichiometry,
Y U SO HARD.

And that's how I spent my holiday time meaninglessly so far.
I'm quite busy right now actually.
I didn't even get a chance to blog until now.
And I'm still quite exhausted from going around all day.
Will I ever have time to just slow down
and read a book while enjoying a hot cup of tea ?
Probably not.
Its freezing outside,
and the wind will probably annoy be a lot.
Until next time, peeps !


Listening to Something's Gotta Give - OneRepublic

Not really cold,
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment