Tuesday, April 23, 2013

term1nate.

Say babai to Term 1 of the school year.
And HELLO TO THE HOLIDAYS PERIOD WHERE YOU ARE GIVEN TIME TO FINISH ALL YOUR UNDONE HOMEWORK ! !
It's gonna be a blast !

But I guess I shouldn't be complaining so much
and just enjoy what little time I have.
Live (myridiculouslyshort) life to the fullest, y'know ?
Of course, you would.
If you were me right now,
you'd be doing some really interesting thing right about now.
But lookie at what I'm doing.
Doing homework *laughs*
No really, I'm doing my homework during the holidays.
I have so much to do *whines* #pitytears

Aside from my boring homework, I'm still trying to look for something fun to do.
Hopefully it won't be too time-consuming.
But chances are, I'd probably be stuck at home.
Watching episodes of My Kitchen Rules every night.
My favourite teams are all eliminated.
And the show's ending this week.
And then 'Homework' would be at the top of my
'Funnest Things To Do During Holiday'-list.

Oh but I did visit Curtin University yesterday.
And by Curtin University,
I actually mean Curtin University's Library.
Oh yes, something almost interesting enough to talk about.

So yeah, I followed one of my church friend,
who just so happen to be my neighbour,
to her uni. CURTIN ~~
Now as many of you know, I have always DREAMT of going there.
It's not really a dream dream.
I mean, I just like how it looks better than UWA.
Ok so back to the story.
I tagged along with her because she had to do her assignment
and attend her fitness classes in the evening there.
(no. She is not obese)
As for me, I just went there to explore.
The State Library gets a little vanilla after going there every week.

As soon as I got down from the train (waiting for the bus),
I started feeling all creeped out.
We were standing in a long line waiting for the bus to Curtin.
And my friend said 'And this is where Curtin students display themselves'.
We were all standing in a line.
Waiting for the bus.
At the corner of a bus station.
Located smack dab in the middle of a busy highway.
Yep, definitely on display.

Standing there with all those 'smart', 'accomplished', 'important' young adults.
I really felt like screaming :
"I'M NOT ONE OF YOUUUUU."
Dunno why.
Just a feeling at the bottom of my guts.
That feeling of uncontrollable anxiety.

Things got better as I got into the bus.
We got to the campus bus station.
Yep, so far so good.
Then, we went into the library.
A BIG library.
And the tension doubled.
Everyone was either doing assignments or studying.
OR doing a really good job pretending to.
I felt that my High School-level books were puny and insignificant.
Compared to the stuff they were reading and writing.

By the time we got to the 3rd floor,
which is the SILENT part of the library,
I was practically starting to pull my hair out.
I felt COMPLETELY out of place.
'What am I doing here ?'
I ask myself.
We passed by some tables,
and some students would stop what they're doing,
and give me a moment's worth of staring,
before returning their attention to their thick, thick, THICK book.
It made me feel alienated.
100%.

So, we got a room (no, it's not what you think)
and did our own homework.
Everything was going smoothly.
Internet was INSANE.
until....I had to get lunch.
Walking to the elevator was already nerve-wrecing enough.
BUT LUNCH !???
Walk ALL the way to the elevator,
press the correct button inside,
walk out of the library,
get in line,
choose desired food,
pay at counter,
find seat,
sit down and eat,
stare at whatever's in front while eating,
continue for 30 minutes,
get up,
find garbage bin,
go back up,
find correct room.
MIND = BLOWN.
But I had to do it,
no one is here to spoon-feed me anymore.
GROW.UP.

But we all know something awkward always happens to me.
First I find myself walking around the whole cafeteria trying to find the line,
only to end up at the cashier.
Second, I don't know what do pick.
Lunch lady approaches,
I PANIC.
Chose weird "meaty" (which I'm sure is vegen) pie thing that
no one has bought yet and also overpriced.
Don't know where the cashier line starts,
'cuz college students LOVEEEE to stand all around the place,
to make chatting easier.
Third, I find that I'm the only guy having that pie thingy.
And the only guy NOT to have a cup of coffee with me.
Well, at least I found a corner seat.
No one would give me that weird glance.
But if they did,
I'm sure they'd know I'm not a student there.
'Cuz I just bought something that no other student bought.
Which means I DON'T KNOW THE TREND THERE.
Gahhh. I'm so gullible.
Thank GOD Church Friend #1 texted Church Friend #2 to come check on me.
You see, they both signed up for the fitness class.

So I finished my 'meal', went back up.
They left for their class.
I was alone in the room for an hour.
And when you're alone in a room with super fast Internet connection.
You know what to do.
JUNIOR DOCTORS - YOUR LIFE IS IN THEIR HANDS.
Haha.
It's a documentary I found.
It airs on Sundays after My Kitchen Rules.
And I AM LOVING IT !

Don't get distracted....
*slaps self*
Nothing much interesting happened after that.
Took bus home.
Watched My Kitchen Rules.
Bought some screen protectors and a watch
for my iPod on eBay.
That's all.















NOW MORE ABOUT JR DOCTORS !
It's a real-life documentary
about several junior doctors
who have just graduated and are starting their work
at the same hospitals.
It's a British show and has spanned 3 seasons.
Season 2's first episode aired last Sunday.
And I found myself really enjoying it.
The cast (and hospital) changes every season so I didn't miss a single thing.

I guess I can say I was a little shocked when I watched it.
The episode was mostly about their first week at work.
And boy, did they SCREW UP.
I kinda had this mentality in my brain that doctors were perfect.
You needed excellent grades to study medicine,
you get rubber dummies for practicals.
When you graduate,
you're practically a pro.
But no, stereotype averted.
The Asian Jr Dr gave out confidential info on the phone,
because he didn't know about confidentiality....
The youngest Jr Dr kept on missing the cannulas,
PATIENT WAS PISSED.
There were also 'Aren't you a little to young for that' moments.
A female Jr Dr had to confirm a death on her first day.
One of the Indian Jr Dr was called into the crash team on his first day.
And don't even get me started on NIGHT SHIFT.

Overall, I really enjoyed the show.
I felt like it was made for TV but also quite natural at the same time.
It was very interesting to see things
without being too sugar-coated.
Raw and honest.
Ok now I'm getting hungry...
If you ever come to Australia (or England), definitely give the show a try.
Especially to those future doctors that I know ;-)

Well, time to hit the sack.
Tune in for more holiday updates.
Which I'm sure will just be as equally (or more) boring as this one.
Have a fun week !
Cheers (I'm Aussie !), mate !

Listening to Dualism of Mirror - Petit Milady

Bored and Enjoying It,
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment