Wednesday, January 1, 2014

re - .res

Happy New Year guys !
Welcome to 2014.
And that's pretty much all I have to say for this update.
See.
I can do short posts too !

But wait...
New years wouldn't be complete.
Not without a review of my 2013 New Year Resolution...



(image taken from http://tools.blog.globalgiving.org/2013/12/11/2014-campaign-calendar-sneak-peek/)


Let's take a look shall we ?


  • Achieve an ATAR of 80 or above....
Resolution Met.
In fact, 
I got 98.8 !
That's INSANE.
Didn't see that coming.
But I'm glad to see that my "hardwork" has paid off.
So now I'm off to uni.  =)


  • Don't drink/smoke/do drugs...
Resolution...FAILED...
I bet you're surprised.
Don't worry.
I am too.
Broke this one by going to a club for the first time.
And it was in the middle of my WACE.
#WACECanWait
All I can say is,
I think I have low tolerance... *wink wink


  • ...Coke is fine, though...
Great.
Looks like I got my priorities all messed up.
Because I actually made it through entire year
(well, since Lent anyway)
without any carbonated/fizzy drinks.
Just wish I could've said the same about alcohol...


  • Get a job...
I THOUGHT I would.
But it looks like I totally crashed and burned out "studying".
Oh well.
NEXT YEAR ! 
For sure...


  • Retain frienships...
Resolution Met.
Although I should've been more specific.
Well...hmm...
I'm not really sure about this one.
I really gave myself an ambiguous one there.
But at least I still Skype with people back home, right ?
That's gotta count !


  • be happy =3
Once again.
Another ambiguous, open resolution.
But hey,
life's too short to stay moody or sad.
And just imagine all those people who're less fortunate.
I'd say this year's made me fairly happy.
My results made me really happy though,
sooo....
RESOLUTION MET.


I guess I'm quite satisfied.
I've met most of my resolutions.
Time for some new ones...

  • Get good grades in my first year at Uni (keeping my options open for post-grads)
  • GET A JOB (seriously)
  • Don't get drunk (just imagine all those secrets stored safe in my head !)
  • Actually finish reading all the novels I have ! 
  • Make new friends in Uni (oh gawd that sounds scary already....)
  • Retain friendships (all of them, some from home, some from Selangor, some from this year...)
  • be happy =3 -er than this year (because we should always try to smile more often) 
  • Get at least 100 blog posts out before 1/1/2015
  • Try more new things (you won't have enough time when you're all grown up)


I think that should suffice.
Now normally I'd do what I did last year :
list out songs that've been of a significance to me this year.
Sadly,
I can't really recall any 
because I've been stuck in libraries for the entire year.
And any song that I like has been listened to 100 times
while I was there.
But I'll try to name some anyway.


  • Love Like War - All Time Low
  • Best Night - Justice Crew
  • Somewhere Only We Know - Cover by Michelle Chamuel
  • We Come Running - Youngblood Hawke
  • Lakehouse - Of Monsters and Men
  • Something I Need - OneRepublic
  • Life In Color - OneRepublic
  • All American Boy - Steve Grand
  • Demons - Imagine Dragons
  • Story of My Life - One Direction
  • Closer - Tegan and Sara
  • Angels - Owl City
  • Woman I Love - Jason Mraz
  • Change - Taylor Swift
  • Homeward Bound/HOME - Glee Cast
  • Dementia - Owl City
  • It's A Beautiful Day - Michael Buble
  • The Last Time - Taylor Swift ft. Gary Lightbody
  • Test Drive - How To Train Your Dragon OST


That's...quite a long list.
Looks like I really went all out with my music this year.
Well, I had to.
It made my endless hours at the library not-so-endless.
Well,
that's it from me.
And yes,
I do realize I've made this short post...long...
But hey !
It's the New Years.
And New Years wouldn't be complete
without a long post...

I'll stop here...
See you guys next time !



Listening to Borrow My Heart - Taylor Henderson


New Year, New Beginnings.
TK


0 comments:

Post a Comment