Thursday, December 12, 2013

Over.a Month.

I'm  backkkkk !
OK,
I've lost count of how many times I've tried using that
to start my blog post.
But this time,
it's as true as ever.
I'm back for good.
After a month of studying AND a month of slacking off,
I've finally managed to muster up enough courage and determination
to click on the 'New Post' button.
FYI, I'm always on my BlogSpot.
Checking for other bloggers who actually update their blogs.
So far, Ms Iiyee is the only one who's updating her blog.
And now it is my turn.
#ResurrectingMyBlog

One of the main reasons why I was having such a hard time
updating my blog was that there's just so much for my to write type.
And believe me,
this will be quite a LONG blog post.
So long that I didn't feel like using a recent event to start my blog post.
Just cause they're too many things to remember (and type !).
Hopefully, you'll accept this challenge
and see this as a fascinating opportunity to test your reading speed.
As well as your ability to detect grammar errors that my brain
occasionally makes after typing for several hours on a keyboard non-stop.
Of course, it's still super hard for me to type this.
Not that I wanna see blogging as some sorta chore,
but again, the sheer thought of typing for hours causes my face to twitch ever so slightly.
Even now, I am blogging in the public library,
where public eyes prey on my incredibly loud and irritating taps on the keyboard
and passer-bys can just stop behind me and read all that I'm typing.
Gee, I really hope there's no one behind me right now.
But I do feel sorry for the guy next to me,
having to hear my three taps per second.

My, my.
That was quite the paragraph.
And I still haven't gone into reminiscing what I've done in the past 2 months.
Where should I start ?
Well, I guess I'll have to re-read my previous blog post
to find out where I left off.

*gOES OFF TO READ LAST BLOG POST
*gETS DISTRACTED
*twenty mINUTES lATER
*rEALIZE I'm TYPING IN caps

My last post was near the end of October.
That wasn't so bad.
Ok so I think I'll begin with what happened on the last week of October.
Exactly where I left off.
Ok.
I'll start now.
Any second now.
As soon as I stop typing crap.

Let's start with graduation !
THIS day was what I call a #CrowningMomentOfAwesome.
Let's start with what I wore.
That goes without saying.
My classic Domo-Nyan Tee and
my favourite skinny-but-not-that-skinny straight jeans.
I love that shirt (and jeans).
Too bad the colours are coming off.
I didn't really care whether I look formal or not.
Because the people who've received awards last year dressed pretty casually.
Unfortunately,
last year's prize winners aren't this year's prize winners.
Quite a few people were dressed formal.
Or at least smart casual.
And there I was.
Wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans
with my (again) favourite Converse shoes.
Gawd, I felt so cheap and out of place.
Haha.
I woke up early that day.
Well, not THAT early.
Just early enough to not be late.
And I spent the morning in the school library talking to Miss Prez.
After that meet up with some "friends",
and sat down in the cafeteria.
Yes, I graduated at a cafeteria.
Talk about a dodgy graduation.
But it was better than I expected.
At least, they had a stage and a backdrop.
With some pretty swanky artworks on display,
done by our awesome Art students.
I'll skip to the important part now.
I won awards.
Yay.
I'm sure if you stalk me on Facebook,
you'd see it.
If you didn't,
you can see it on your right.
If you've already seen it,
see it again.
That's four awards.
Three for top subjects and One for being Dux of the College.
Me ? Dux ?
I was surprised too.
Of course, that's almost because I do "easy" subjects.  =P
So each subject award comes with a certificate,
a $50 voucher to spend at the ABC shop and
a medal thingy with my name engraved on it from Perth Mint.
If you don't know what's an ABC shop,
trust me,
you're not missing out on much.
I'm so clueless on what to buy there.
You can never buy anything good there.
Just DVDs of shows that you've watched on....
The ABC channel.
Which, quite honestly, is a waste of money.
Because you can always watch it online....
Well, at least I get that medal.
According to the label that comes with it,
it's 99% silver.
Yay.
Real silver.
For the Dux Award.
I get a certificate and a tiny little medal that comes in a tiny little box
like the ones you see where people put rings when they propose.
Sadly, the medal is of a lower quality.
The silvery "sticker" surface was already peeling after a few rubs.
(Not that I rub it on purpose or anything).
So after the whole award ceremony
(not much of a graduation, right ?),
there's free food,
which I didn't really eat.
Because I was too busy snapping photos with everyone.
And by everyone,
I mean strangers whom I've seen many times before but never had the guts to talk to.
Yep.
I did it.
And then after that,
photos with teachers.
Yay.
But I looked stupid in some of them...
Oh well...
After taking photos with everyone,
it's time to go home.
I celebrated with a victory lunch a.k.a a beef kebab.
#delicious
Then it was back to studying.
Although I really wasn't in the mood for that.
From that day onwards,
my lazy genes started kicking in.
(Physics in TWO days)
And that's how I spent my graduation.

Oh and after that,
I went to collect my exam results.
I'm extremely (very) happy over the fact that I graduated with straight As.
It's finally happened to me.
THANK YOU not-as-difficult-as-STPM education system !
And then I saw my attendance record.
99%.
One half-day absent.
DAFQ.
I was NEVER absent.
How the FFFFFF could this happen.
I was so close to a hundred !
And the jerky guy in the admin office wouldn't help me.
All he said was,
"Look, if it'll make you feel any better,
I'll print you a new one without the attendance record
so it'll look better...."
GAWD NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANT.
Heck, I don't even care if I get a 99% at the point.
I just wanna know which *^%&#$&$%*& teacher marked me absent.
I knew IT !
It was IT !
No literally, IT as in Information Technology.
Jerk's always late and telling me "we won't have class this Friday".
And it's OFFICIAL.
I hate him.
I managed to calm myself down.
"Ok, so it's just one day...
Come on, the school gave me prizes....
Just smile and walk away before you give Asians a bad name."
And then I walked away.

And now,
here are some random photos of me and other people.
(I am so breaching the Privacy Act right now)

Me, Miss Married and Miss Neighbour. 
Both from my Chem class.
Miss Neighbour sits next to me.
BUT WE NEVER TALKED FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR....
until recently of course.
Miss Married is quite young,
but married...

Mr Round.
Not in a racist way.
His face iz roundzzzzz !

Mr Nik and Mr Bach
I'm pretty sure Mr Nik is from Sg.
And Mr Bach...
is the guy who's on the same bus as me every morning...
but we never talk.
No.
We still haven't...

Miss Valedictorian.
And as you can see....
a failed enlightened pose.
Darn you Mr Perfect,
you're just too "perfect".

Miss Philosophy
Girl who stays back everyday until 8 with me at the library.
We NEVER talked.
Over the course of a year,
we've only exchanged two sentences.
"seeya"
"wanna have a picture with me ?"
Btw, that was me asking =P

Me and Mr Fashion
Not to be confused with Miss Fashion.
He's one of the few Malaysians in the school.
And he definitely dresses to impress.

Mr Physics.
Awesome and nice teacher.
He keeps complimenting me =P
Sowi for falling asleep in your class all the time.
It's not you,
it's just the classroom.

Mr Chemistry.
SCARIEST.TEACHER.EVER.
Well, he's not that scary.
But seriously,
first impressions.
Still couldn't talk to him with a poker face...

Miss English (As An Additional Language/Dialect)
The only teacher who calls me TK.
And the only person to call me KT....
Lovely woman.
I don't usually say 'lovely'.
But she's just....lovely.
I enjoyed our bonding time every Monday evening.
Because I'd be the only student seeking help with homework...

Miss Librarian.
The only "cool" librarian in the school library.
And the only one who works till 8 every night.
So, most days,
it's just me and her
and a whole lot of silence.

Mr Sunglasses.
He's always giving intimidating looks.
The peace keeper of our school.
Well,
he's actually a huge softie =P
Once you get to know him...
Unfortunately,
I still don't know him.
Well,
not his name at least.



Also I wanna make a little shout-out
to Miss Scorpio (name change =P).
Her birthday was on my graduation day.
Such coincidence, right ? RIGHT ?
I never got to formally wish her a happy 19th birthday in public.
So here ya go !
HAPPY BIRTHDAY =D
I hope our friendship lasts forever.
I am truly blessed to have met you.
Heck, you're one of the few good things that've come out
from enrolling in Form 6.
It was a good thing your application for that scholarship
got turned down.
OMG I WAS JUST JOKING.
Oh who am I kidding ?
(please don't slap me)
I'm effing glad you didn't get the scholarship.
I'm effing glad you didn't attend another school for Form 6.
I'm effing glad you still wanted to be a marine doctor lady
and decided to choose Science instead of Arts.
I'm effing glad you signed up to be a librarian.
I'm effing glad you came back to the interview despite
being manipulated by Miss Sy into joining the SPBT.
I'm effing glad you decided to volunteer to do more work for Bulan Membaca.
I'm effing glad you spotted my tiny orange car.
I'm effing glad you decided to make a totally inappropriate comment
about my tiny orange car and my height.
I'm effing glad you sat at the back of the class.
I'm effing glad you were supposed to do a duet during prom.
I'm effing glad you actually have pretty damn impressive English
(Beware. Band 5 Alert.)
I'm effing glad things turned out this way.
I'm effing glad I met you.
I'm effing glad I told you.
I'm effing glad we are who we are today because of all the things
that COULD'VE went differently didn't.
Thank you for being my bestie.
Also special thanks to The Man In The Sky, God,
for planning all this.
I swear you always give me the most unpredictable surprises.
(I was gonna upload a picture of your face
that no one's ever seen before.
Unfortunately, I don't have one =(
And I don't think it'd be very sentimental
if I upload a picture of you receiving last year's
PSS's certificate from Mr Ooi...)
But here's something else
that's even more symbolic.
Happy (Belated) Birthday !


Next, let's talk birthday.
I don't think I talked about birthdays the last time I blogged.
It was probably because
there was something missing that day.
Ah yes,
exams were looming.
And I was so NOT in the mood for some cake.
But most important of all,
there weren't any presents.
Well, my bro gave me a (FULL) cup of Boost smoothie.
And Mom tried making a cake.
But something was still lacking.
I needed more presents.
The cake needed for sugar and artificial colouring !
(Notice the lack of icing sugar !)

Although I never got my super sweet and unhealthy birthday cake.
The presents certainly came,
albeit late.
But hey !
That's how most surprises appear, right ?
I was completely gobsmacked when I saw a pink box on my table.
It was massive.
And I was just tired.
And Physics was the next day.
And it was Halloween.
I don't know how Halloween equates into this,
but it was still Halloween.

My name was on it.
Along with my address.
But I didn't really care.
What really matters is what's on the inside, right ?
*Opens box.
My my, what is this ?
A pamphlet telling me my package
has been opened and inspected by Customs.
Oh whoopy....
Ok screw that.
Yay presents !
I was not expecting the giftS that I got.
I thought I'd get like an online digital album or something.
Not something that I could actually touch.
I loved the ducks !
I didn't know why, but I just did.
It took a little reminder from Miss Prez for me to remember why I liked the ducks so much.
Hehe.
Silly me, getting old and all.
Long story short.
I found something online that made me want a stuffed duck.
You know,
the big ones where you'd hug.
But three tiny ones are sooo much cuter.
They even have names on them.
Like voodoo dolls !
*Evil grin

And then I got this neck pillow thing.
It looks a little feminine.
But screw that,
it's perfect.
I was always on my
"Interesting-things-to-own-but-not-worth-it-but-everyone-has-it" list.
I MIGHT bring it along with me the next time I travel on a plane.

I also got a rubber hammer toy thing.
And if life gives you a hammer,
you don't use it to build and construct.
No no no.
You do a Miley Cyrus impression !
Nothing spells trashy more than licking a hammer, right kids ?

And then there was the beanie.
Hmm..wonder where they got that idea.
Well, I wanted a beanie before.
But then I decided to just let me the world see my messy hairstyle the way it already is.
No point in hiding it.
Though, the beanie was pretty cool.
Wait, it IS called a beanie right ?
Stupid me don't even know how to put it on properly. =(

And last but not least,
a notebook.
One that is already written on by many,
read by even more,
sniffed by detector dogs,
carressed by airport officials (and probably read by them too).
But all that didn't matter.
I love it !
Honestly.
The design was pretty cool.
Especially with the labels that was sticking out.
Just like Stanley and
his Great Big Book of Everything !
LIKE if you remember the show.

Of course,
not all presents came by mail.
Miss Noon and Miss V gave me presents too.
Miss Noon gave me a lollipop while
Miss V gave me a box of chocolates.
Funny how they're both trying to give me diabetes.
Fortunately I've hid the lollipop behind some bookmarks
and locked the chocolates up in cryo-prison.
The present wrapper for the chocolates still has
it's base shape preserved,
making it look like the package actually exploded...

Also, dat moment when you re-check everything.
And found out just how many stamps it took to ship all those things
from KK to Perth.
I'm really touched guys.
And although I don't really know the full details
on who contributed and how much they've contributed,
I'll always be grateful to this kind and generous act of yours.
So the next time I'm acting all b*tc*y around you,
just tell me :
"I paid for the shipping of your 19th birthday present."
and I'll probably stop whining and behave.
Just a thought =)

So after wasting my final week of studying
(time well wasted !),
November arrived.
And it was time for me to sit the
dreadful-but-not-as-dreadful-as-STPM-but-still-equally-dreadful-because-i-put-a-lot-of-time-into-studying-this-time WACE exam !
Physics on Day 1 did not help one bit,
except for the whole just-get-it-over-with-now part.
I actually got pretty depressed when I did last year's past paper
the morning before the exam.
It was so hard.
And I went into emo mode.
But the actual paper was a joke.
I thought it was simple,
but of course,
careless mistakes and all.
But other students came out talking like this :
"Wow. Hey I think I'll bag a 90 this time !"
#ColdSweatMoment

English was next.
Then Maths and Chemistry.
Then finally IT (Applied Information Technology).
I don't know if normal people feel this,
but I kept thinking that I'm dumb
(maybe I really am, but the feeling intensifies)
when I'm waiting outside the exam hall.
I'm thinking of so many things,
yet when I realise that I've been spacing out,
I can't seem to recall a single thing that I've been thinking of.
Ok, it's a feeling I can't really describe.
But I'm just really anxious about the exam is all.

ohmaigawd,
especially for English.
Since I've been getting a lot of questions wrong
when I rushed through the past year papers.
I also rushed through my essay during the exam.

Maths...
was a troll...
Stuff that my teacher's never taught me came out.
Not even in school exams.
"Well it's your own fault for not reviewing the syllabus yourself"
Well, in my defence,
I didn't think those questions would be worth up to 6 marks !
The other past papers only had them under 2/3 marks.
And then this year,
BAM !
Good bye 10 marks.
Oh and let's not forget about scaling...
I screwed Maths up...

Chemistry was surprisingly OK.
Well, there were some stuff I didn't get.
But others didn't get it too.
So we'll all fail.
That's fine with me.
But there was a question about absolute zero.
THAT is NOTTTT in the syllabus.
I'm sure of it...
And of all the questions they had to ask for my essay section,
they just had to pick polymers....
I did chemical equilibrium
and I memorised EVERYTHING for rusting and SOAP.
GAWD SOAPS WERE A NIGHTMARE.
But I kept calm and wrote down all the crap that I could remember.
It was seriously crap,
I wasn't even using the proper terminology.... XP

As for IT,
I had a 1-week break to study for it.
Don't worry,
IT's easy, right ?
Haha.
WRONG.
The more I look into it,
the more I realised how far behind I was.
Thanks IT teacher,
I "love" you so much.
#UrgeToKillRising
I even attended an IT seminar that I was invited to that weekend at another college.
It was quite far away.
I actually felt like I was in Rural WA. XD
Even the train station has a rural feel to it....
I was the only student from another school,
and it was an all-boy school.
Scary.
Well, scary for me anyways.
The teacher was really impressed with my Sem 2 IT results,
and proceeded to blurt it out to the whole class.
Now they all think I'm a brainiac...
Quiz time was soooo humiliating.
I couldn't answer a single question...

"TK, do you know what's SMTP ?"
"Yes"
"Ok, what does it mean ?"
"Ermm.... I forgot..."

Yes, that conversation actually happened.
THE HUMILIATION !
And believe me,
there's more of embarrassing moments from where that came from...
I asked the teacher if I could email her if I had some questions,
and she said OK.
Emailing her was pretty nerve-wrecking.
Simply because I don't know her and
she might think I've lied to her about my results by asking really basic questions.
The questions I asked were REALLY basic.
But I guess the paper turned out OK.
And quite reasonable, I think.
Well, I can't judge this paper
since I'm such a bad IT student.

And that was WACE in a nutshell.
Now all I have to do is wait for my results...
which SHOULD be coming out on the 30th of December.
Less than a month from now.
Nervous ?
Nope.
Well, maybe after Christmas.
Haha.

Moving on...
The first thing I did to celebrate my newfound freedom is :
BUY FINAL FANTASY XIII.
It's been on my wishlist since... FOREVER.
Well technically, it's been there since 2011.
I never thought I'd actually get a home console.
But now I do have one,
Raitoningu is MINE forever !
#foreverandeverandever
Let's just say I've seen very little sunlight for that following week.
Finished the game in a little less than one week.
But I'm still playing it now once in a while
for the sake of being a perfectionist.
(Collect every single item in the game, anyone ?)
What's next ?
XIII-2 ?
Maybe not yet.
I wouldn't wanna miss out on the beautiful spring days of December.
Wait, it's DECEMBER !?
That means it's Summer already !
You might think it's winter, but think again,
it's Summer.
We're in Australia,
where things don't happen normally...

Not to mention XIII-3 came out somewhere around that week too.
The inner fanboy in me has truly been awaken.
And yes,
I've already spoilt the ending for myself
and for several other people who don't really care for Raitoningu...
Wanna know the ending ??


***SPOILER ALERT***
Lightning kills God. Lightning creates Earth. Lightning is God. The End.
***SPOILER ENDS***


Quite blasphemous, isn't it ?
Fine, I guess that last part doesn't really apply.
She turned down that position to live her life like a normal person,
in which we see her SMILE.
In all it's CGI glory !
*Fanboy Squirm....

So after celebrating my birthday and graduation,
going through a month of studying and exams
and playing as Lightning till I drop dead like a cockroach,
the next thing on my mental to-do list was :
FIND A JOB !
Of course, not just any job.
I wouldn't wanna work at McDonalds or KFC
all the way through Uni.
I want a job at a comfortable environment,
where customers aren't abusive and
the work-pay ratio is actually good.
(No offence to teens who work at fast food joints.
Keep up the good work !)
I wanna work at a library.
Now don't call me overly-ambitious, OK ?
It was all my school librarians' fault.
I was just asked her about her job,
and suddenly she went all psycho about me
getting a summer job at a library.
I went back to school to write up
my cover letter and resume
then proceeded to go job-hunting.
Well, as expected,
no one wants me.
Or rather,
all of them gave me the same repetitive answer :
"We don't take candidates at this level.
You'll have to submit your resume to the local council."
And I didn't...
Hahaha.
I was going to but....
One day when I went back to school to print out even more resumes,
I bumped into my beloved English teacher.
She knew I was job-hunting
because I asked her to be one of my references.
She asked how was I going with it...
Same old same old.
Small talk and stuff.
Eventually,
she made me realise that I'm better off just enjoying my holidays.
Since I'm going back to KK soon,
no one would wanna hire someone like me,
when there are sooo many school leavers just begging to be employed.
"You have plenty of time..."
Also,
she reminded me that I've studied my A** off for the entire year,
so I deserve a rest.
Oh I was such a fool for thinking that
finishing Final Fantasy XIII in one week = break.
There were so many things to do.
Places to see.
Scratch the part about places,
I'm not interested in seeing stuff alone.
Still, I have sooo many movies to catch up on,
books to read.
Yes, I do have a lot of books to finish.
Those of you who really know me will know that
I buy books and leave them on my shelf to rot.
Wanna see my current list of books to read ?
Here !
All in chronological order,
beginning from 2009 at the bottom until this month.
The top two are movies, though...
Sorcerer's Apprentice and She's Out of My League.
Both starring Jay Baruchel.
Coincidence ?

(Did you know Jay Baruchel used to appear in
Are You Afraid Of The Dark ?
I was wondering why one of the kids looked like him.
That was back in the 1990s though...
So young Jay !)

I have secondhand stores to visit.
Libraries to chill in.
The daily paper to read.
Church activities to get dragged into.
Online courses to do.
Animes to catch up with.
New shows to get introduced to.
Presents to buy.
Pianos to play.
People to catch up with.
And last but not least,
blogs to be updated.
And many many many more.

And speaking of church activities.
I've been really busy with them lately.
So busy that I even danced.
Yes, danced.
Tambourine dance to be precise.
In front of a crowd.
To make things worse,
there wasn't a stage,
so the whole audience felt extremely close to me.
And there were only four of us.
I have a video.
But you'd be crazy
if you think I'm gonna upload it.
(My deepest apologies to Miss Geologist for
dropping my tambourine on your head.
That must've hurt !)
Yep.
That's pretty much it.
Just a little shout-out
to my adorable little tambourine coaches
back in Good Sam.
If I hadn't joined them last year,
I would've been a novice with no experience.
Now, I am a novice WITH experience.
So thanks.
Thanks for all the wonderful times
you made me dance in front of other church members.
Love,
The first guy to join the Tambourine Group.
I would say the 'ONLY guy',
but after I joined,
other guys started swarming the vicinity.

Are you eyes beginning to bleed as much as
my finger bones are gonna break ?
Good because we're almost there.
Now just a quick update on what I'm up to now.
Nothing much really.
I'm just trying to talk to as many people as possible.
Finish reading as many books as I can.
Keep myself updated with the local news.
Finish my online courses....which are due in a few days.
Also, I've dabbled a little bit with SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
and coding, since it IS the Hour of Code week.
Its quite an interesting lifestyle, actually.
Is this how it feels to be 'laid back' ?
If it is,
I LIKE IT.
Well,
I still have a lot of things to check out.
But I'll definitely keep all you stalkers up-to-date.
Hopefully I can actually keep my promise,
and do something productive each day.
FYI, doing something unproductive is still considered productive,
because you are actually doing something,
instead of not doing anything at all.
For example, sleeping for 10 hours.
I hate myself when that happens !

On a COMPLETELY UNRELATED note,
I was just reading about unusual and bizzare baby names.
You should check it out.
It's really quite...interesting (?)
Someone tried to name their baby boy 'Leviathan'.
Isn't that just adorable !
Ever thought of naming your twins
'Fish' and 'Chips ?
Well, don't worry,
you're not the only one...
OMG SOMEONE NAMED THEIR SON 'THUNDER' !!!
I wonder if there's a girl named 'LIGHTNING' !
*re-initiate fanboy mode.

Well, enough of me typing crap.
Why don't you stop reading this junk
(that is...if you've even made it this far)
and go outside.
Breathe some fresh air.
And stretch a bit.
Maybe take a shower.
I know it can be REALLY draining
after reading my wall o' text blog posts.
And I do apologize !
I simply forgot about my previous promise
to try and make an effort to keep my blog posts short.
Well,
I guess there's really nothing much to say now.
By the way,
did you notice all the grammar errors ?
I have.
Ciao ~


P.S. Apologies for the terribly blurry pictures.
My camera might have gotten a little better
but my photography skills are just as bad as ever.

P.S.S Congrats on making it this far.
Even though you might've just scrolled all the way to the end without reading.
Allow me to reward you with a picture of
my breakfast from this morning.
I made it myself =P
Now if only I can learn to NOT screw up my omelette...


Listening to Closer - Tegan and Sara


The lights are off,
And the Sun is finally setting,
The night sky is changing overhead.
Here come the dreams of you and me.
I won't treat you like you're o so typical.



Reading in Progress.
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment