Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Day 7: At Week's End



Here it is! The final entry to my second OVA: Sieban Chronicles.
I've already mentioned the name of this little OVA series. And if you've read the spoilers, it meant "seven" in German.
Sieben doesn't look very cool, but I can assure you, it sounds cooler.
For those of you who've never taken basic German before (e.g. me), it's pronounced as ZEE-bin.
I didn't really know what to call this when I first started.
'Chronicles' sounded cool so I thought I'd use that.
But what Chronicles?
I aimed for something simple and used the 'everything is more sexy in a foreign language' strategy.
I also recall the word being muttered by characters from an anime I was watching called Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works.
In the anime, magic and spells are cast and called out in German, not English nor Japanese.
"ZEE-bin," the main heroine would chant to activate the power of her jewels.
Maybe it just sounded cooler when pronounced with a Japanese accent with epic strings in the background.

As for the project, I had a lot of fun doing it: recording, editing and uploading.
Actually, that was a joke.
Editing took forever and uploading was just plain impossible!
But the recording part was definitely fun! It's a really great way to experiment around with different things.
And it might even help expand your Johari window!
I know it has helped me immensely: I say 'interesting' a lot of times when I'm nervous or at a lost for words, or maybe just all the time.
It would be a shame to stop vlogging altogether, so I think I would save this for my next holiday to see if this vlog project would be feasible.
I might even do one when I head back to Malaysia, as suggested by my friend Audrey (superb idea!).

Lastly, I'd like to thank everyone who took part in this vlog.
Having people other than myself appear (and sometimes, even speak) can add variety and dimension to a boring vlog.
I'm sure if you watched it, you'd be glad you're not staring at my face 24/7.
I'll see you in my next blog post. Hope you enjoy reading and watching my content.


Figure 1. A picture I took from my trip up to Wongan Hills. I really liked the shade of blue and the blue-white contrast of the sky. I decided to add some 'inspirational' short quotes to it but I turned into music names and lyrics. This probably shows how much I enjoy music.


Listening to Kings & Queens - Brooke Fraser

Sieben,
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment