Thursday, August 21, 2014

and so it begins

Phew.
So far, its only Thursday and
I'm already beat.
So far it's been,
1 online quiz, 1 in-class quiz, 1 assignment and 1 presentation.
It's like Semester 1 all over again!
Except it's only Week 4.
Not looking forward to future assignments.
Also, I've only attended 3 lectures this week.
Skipped almost/more than half of them.
#SuchARebel
I can totally see this becoming a habit too!
I'm shedding my Fresher identity.
Just like how Taylor Swift is shedding her country origins.
If you haven't heard anything about Taylor lately,
you are a disgrace!

Aside from my assignments and being absolutely hooked to Taylor,
nothing much happened these past few weeks.
Unless you're interested in hearing about my assignments. 0_0
I wonder what other bloggers blog about?
I COULD blog about the work I've been doing at volunteering.
But that won't be fun.
After all,
my job basically comprises of stopping people and
telling them about a random science project….
To make matters worse,
said science project is about soils.
"Wow such fun…"
But I suppose research is supposed to be torture (PHDComics, 2011).
Oh dear,
I just wrote an APA-style citation.
But I've never used APA.
It's always been Harvard.
I really need a break, don't I?

Let's see if there's anything interesting in my phone.
I'm sure there's SOMETHING that isn't a picture of my assignment/notes.
#Filler
P.S. I've been having A LOT of coffee lately.
So much for trying to save.
I just realised the Vanilla Chai Latte they sell at the Guild Cafe is quite good.

Ohhh here's something that's remotely interesting.
Everyone,
this is Oliver.
He's a Moody Quad-Beak.
He's not an octopus,
nor is he a squid.
We don't know what he is.
He belongs to the genus Orthoceras,
which was said to be extinct.
But we found him in the North Pole,
frozen.
He's cute, I reckon.

On Wednesday,
my biology group and I have successfully
(to some extent) brought Oliver to life.
Now, he's a cute lil' purple Cephalopod
with a loving owner.
May he lead a happy life
and have lots of kids,
through PCR and advanced cloning processes.
You know…
Since he's the last of his kind.







And here's a picture of me trying to collect a soil sample.
I failed miserably.
There was root material everywhere.
Mycorrhizal-fungi, perhaps?
If that was true,
then EWWWWW.
I touched a fungus.
#EnvironmentalistAtHisBest

And now for a picture of a rock I bought.
Got it at the Rock Museum at Uni.
It was sooo cheap and pretty.
That's a piece of calcite.
The most stable polymorph of Calcium Carbonate.
It looks like a diamond, doesn't it?
I got it because its shape looks the most defined.
It's natural but it looks like it's been processed.
I even attached a little pick-up line to it.
"I'm a piece of carbon. Date me!"
+1 if you get it!



And just to end this extremely pointless,
random and boring blog post.
Here's a picture of the coffee I had yesterday.
Vanilla Chai Latte for the WIN !
Too bad it's soooo bloody expensive.
I guess I'll be sticking to Flat Whites.
Flat Whites are good too.
I don't like the white foam they have on Lattes.
Maybe I'll talk about my coffee-drinking habits next time.
We shall see.



Listening to Shake It Off - Taylor Swift



Jump into next wave,
TK

0 comments:

Post a Comment